WORK/CONSTRUCTION ZONE ACCIDENTS
Roadway construction is so prevalent that it is estimated that the majority of our population travels through a highway construction zone at least once every day. This results in traffic congestion, and as congestion builds, crash rates increase.
In addition, the demands for rehabilitating highways, increased mobility, and safety, have resulted in more highway constructions projects being conducted at night when travelers tend to drive at higher speeds. These factors significantly increase the exposure of the traveling public, highway workers, and pedestrians to construction zone hazards.
Accidents in work zones can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
• Construction zone areas that are unclearly marked
• Failure to provide proper personnel to control traffic in work zone areas
• Improper placement of barricades, signs, and other traffic control devices
• Drivers who are unsure of construction zone traffic control directions
If you have any questions or concerns about injuries suffered as the result of a work or construction zone accident, contact our offices at
(305) 895-7547 or toll free at (866) 895-7217 to discuss your case for free. We offer free initial consultations and work on a contingent fee basis, which means that there is never a fee unless we successfully resolve your case.